With 73 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what is happening, it can be hard to keep up to these changemakers! Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #sheeomagic to amplify.
SheEO Podcast + News Round-up
- Vicki Saunders appeared on Monocle’s The Bulletin with UBS in conversation with Eva Lindholm on SheEO’s ecosystem-based approach to finance, and Activator Julie Trell spoke about SheEO on Impact Boom. Find those episodes on the SheEO Podcast Round-up, along with these conversations with entrepreneurs:
- Steph Speirs of Solstice on Flipping the Barrel;
- Ilana Ben-Ari of Twenty One Toys on Wild Business Growth;
- Sophia Yen of Pandia Health on Women’s Health and Wellness.
- Vicki Saunders spoke to Karma and Cents about radical generosity.
- Social Change Central included Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale and Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics in its list of Australian social entrepreneurs to watch.
- The Journal of Sustainable Tourism published a case study of GoGo Events, analyzing the business through the lens of feminist care ethics.
- Mikaela Jade of Indigital spoke about rewiring education on a panel at Expo 2020 Dubai in mid-December.
- Today, a design publication, interviewed Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics about the power of human-centred data.
- Financial Review wrote about Verve Super‘s “circle of trust” and the $400,000 it received from the Boosting Female Founders initiative.
- Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale spoke about the circular economy on the Spotify-only podcast People Planet Prosperity.
- Between Our Thighs highlighted Aisle in a piece on eco-friendly menstruation products.
- Pre-sales are now available for Alinker‘s newest models: the Happy Small for smaller adults, the Xtra Small for taller kids and little people, and the Xtra Xtra Small for smaller kids and little people.
- Jodi Huettner of Helga Wear shared her wisdom about doing business with the Canadian government in a webinar for the Women’s Enterprise Centre.
- Suzanne Tyson of HigherEdPoints spoke to CAEL Live about how to finance higher education in Canada.
- Nada is looking to hire a digital media lead, a full-time remote position.
- Patrice Mousseau of Satya Organics, as well as Venture Semi-Finalists Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air and Jenn Harper of Cheekbone Beauty, spoke on a panel at the launch of *Breaking Barriers: A Decade of Indigenous Women’s Entrepreneurship in Canada, a new report from the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub.
- Skipper Otto shared its highlights of 2020, which included supporting 22 fishing families and purchasing a bigger share of their catches.
- The Discourse Cowichan published its 2020 impact report.
- Think Dirty presented its Dirty Thinkers’ Choice Awards, recognizing the very best in clean beauty.
- Pre-orders are available for The Failure Toy from Twenty One Toys.
- Better Packaging Co. has been certified as a B Corporation, and its recent collaboration with LOLI Beauty to provide compostable protective wrap for glass jars shipped from Amazon was written up in Forbes.
- Florence Van Dyke of Chia Sisters shared her entrepreneurial journey in a piece published in Stuff.
- Guardian Angel Security has named Australian entrepreneur Vanessa Garrard to its advisory board.
- Candice Pardy of Jobloads was profiled by Stuff as an entrepreneur helped by SheEO. “It’s this radical generosity they talk about,” she said. “In Māori we have it as Manaakitanga. It’s the same thing. I really resonated with that.”
- Shape included Pandia Health in a story on how to get birth control delivered.
- Kenya’s PD Online did a story on how Sisu Global‘s Hemafuse saves lives. K24 TV also did a story on the device
- Steph Speirs of Solstice shared her vision of democratized access to clean energy with Emerson Collective.
- Wakumi Douglas of SOUL Sisters Leadership Collective has been named a 2020 Soros Justice Fellow by the Open Society Foundations.
- Suzanne Siemens of Aisle wrote a polite but firm note to a competitor who appeared to be trying to copy the company’s size-inclusive period underwear. Aisle also highlights five menstrual activists to follow.
- Nada blogged about its partnership with Vancouver Food Runners to redirect food that otherwise would go to waste.
- Neighbourlytics made the StartUs Insights list of five top emerging hyperlocal solutions.
- Nairobi Garage highlighted Sisu Global as one of 12 organizations that prospered in 2020.
- Solstice summed up the benefits of community solar for businesses.
— Curated by Taproot Publishing