With 73 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what is happening, it can be hard to keep up to these changemakers! Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #sheeomagic to amplify.
- Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics was quoted in a story about reviving cities’ central business districts, noting that the changes wrought by coronavirus may be permanent. She also discussed social data on the Elephant in the Room Property Podcast.
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale refurbished the new Regional Landing Pad, a free, dedicated coworking space for startup and innovation community members in the Queensland region.
- A young man with an amputation was able to participate in the London Marathon thanks to the Alinker.
- Nada is launching an online series called Nada at Home to “inspire home cooks to create package-free and nutritious recipes using seasonal and local ingredients.
- Bethany Deshpande of SomaDetect presented her pregnancy detection and monitoring tool at the Global Dairy Tech Start-up Spotlight. She’s part of the Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture Summit on Oct. 20.
- The Discourse is doing an election popup in Nanaimo, B.C., and is seeking support to launch there permanently.
- Amanda Jo of Organic Bunny recommended Think Dirty in a Talented Ladies Club post on switching from toxic to natural makeup.
- Kai XR won the AnitaB.org PitcHER™ competition at the Grace Hopper Celebration, the world’s largest gathering of women technologists.
- Callisto made Analytics Insight’s list of top AI technologies to mitigate rape and sexual assault.
- LOLIWARE‘s hypercompostible, edible seaweed straws were profiled on CBS Innovation Nation and in a Nanalyze story on sustainable materials made of microalgae and seaweed.
- BioCellection was profiled in a post recognizing women in STEM and participated in a Washington Post Live event called Climate Solutions: Next Generation on Oct. 14.
- Sophia Yen of Pandia Health wrote a piece for Swaay on the future of access to birth control after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She also appeared on Just Go Grind.
- On Microsoft Ignite 2020, SheEO Activator and Managing Director of Microsoft for Startups Annie Parker featured 2 SheEO Ventures: Mikaela Jade of Indigital and Kai Frazier of Kai XR
- Vicki Saunders called on Canada’s federal government to invest “in childcare, so women can work on their businesses, and in women entrepreneurs, who dramatically outperform their male counterparts when it comes to capital efficiency” in Future of Good’s Recovery Plan 2020: 20 Bold Ideas from 20 Social Impact Leaders.