Every 2 weeks we will share what is happening in the news with our Ventures + community. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #sheeomagic to amplify.
- Watch Julie Trell talk to Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics, Mikaela Jade of Indigital, and Kristi Mansfield of Seer Data & Analytics at the Bendigo Invention + Innovation Festival.
- BeauTex Designs has been named a 2020 Kickstart Finalist for a chance to pitch at TEDxSydney Online.
- Code Like a Girl has been nominated for the #TechDiversity Hall of Fame. The awards will be announced Nov. 20.
- Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics moderated a session at the NewCities Wellbeing Cities Forum on (Re)Building the Urban Economy, Revitalizing Our Neighborhoods
- Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics appeared on The Future City podcast.
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale wrote about collaborative climate action for Echo Chamber Escape.
- Abeego‘s beeswax food wraps were included in the Climate Week Box from Purslane Provisions in honour of Climate Week NYC 2020.
- Aisle shared a video on how it made masks and menstrual products available to people living in Vancouver’s downtown eastside. There’s a buy one, give one initiative.
- Alinker published an animated video that connects everything the company does, from its life-changing bikes to its crowdfunding platform to its academy to a farm in Kentucky that employs Alinker users
- Alinker – BE Alink received a touching tribute from a grateful user.
- AVA Technologies launched a new website, and its pod packs are officially back in stock.
- Small Business BC profiled Jody Huettner of Helga Wear as one of its success stories.
- Magnusmode has launched a new partnership with Barrie Transit to allow the use of Magnuscards, a free app featuring digital guides to support transit users with cognitive special needs.
- Saccade Analytics took a look at how eye-tracking can help diagnose Alzheimer’s and how to avoid a sports-related concussion.
- Shopify shone a spotlight on Satya Organics as a socially responsible company using its platform to make a difference.
- SucSeed has launched Sustainable Superheroes, a program to help elementary school teachers in Atlantic Canada educate their students about world issues and empower them to take action.
- Among the many pieces published by The Discourse‘s publications this week is a story on how COVID-19 could spur resilience to climate change and other future threats.
- The next Empathy Toy Global Play Session from Twenty One Toys will be held on Oct. 15.
- Beany CEO Sue de Bievre credited SheEO for helping her company get funding that wasn’t available from other investors, which then opened a door for investment from ArcAngels, which invests in female founders in New Zealand.
- The Hello Cup is a finalist in five categories at the 2020 Best Design Awards from the Designers Institute of New Zealand, which will be presented on Nov. 13.
- The Hello Cup and their call for kindness was featured in Thrive Global.
- 10Power‘s Sandra Kwak talked about her triple bottom-line business and the potential for solar in Haiti on the Energy Cast Podcast.
- Kai XR‘s new Field Trip platform is now live, allowing kids to virtually explore DNA, train to be an astronaut, or visit Chichén Itzá.
- Forbes Magazine recognized Sophia Yen of Pandia Health as a trailblazer, charting her winding path from pre-med at MIT to Silicon Valley. The company has launched birth control delivery in Florida, Texas, and Arizona.
- Hemafuse, Sisu Global’s flagship autotransfusion device, was discussed in a video from State House Kenya about medical success stories.
- Watt It Takes shared an excerpt of its live recording with Steph Speirs of Solstice.
- SOUL Sisters Leadership Collective is hiring a program director and a teaching artist.
- On Microsoft Ignite 2020, SheEO Activator and Managing Director of Microsoft for Startups Annie Parker featured 2 SheEO Ventures: Mikaela Jade of Indigital and Kai Frazier of Kai XR
- Vicki Saunders called on Canada’s federal government to invest “in childcare, so women can work on their businesses, and in women entrepreneurs, who dramatically outperform their male counterparts when it comes to capital efficiency” in Future of Good’s Recovery Plan 2020: 20 Bold Ideas from 20 Social Impact Leaders.