With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #SheEOmagic to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Mr. and Mrs. Romance paid a delicious visit to Indigiearth‘s Warakirri Cafe during a trip to Mudgee in New South Wales.
- Australian National University celebrated Mikaela Jade of Indigital after she was named Indigenous Leader of the Year at the Women in Digital Awards.
- Neighbourlytics has been named a state finalist in the Telstra Best of Business Awards in the Embracing Innovation category. State winners will be announced in February.
- Ami Bateman and Sian Murray of Pleasant State appeared on The House of Wellness to discuss the company’s origin story and impact so far.
- Super Fierce sassily explored why women retire with less money than men.
- Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale is a finalist for two awards at Climate Salad’s Climate Tech Awards on Dec. 9.
- Fan/Joy, Sitti, and Sḵwálwen Botanicals are among the small businesses included in BMO’s Wrap The Good promotion, which features QR codes that unlock a shoppable Pinterest board.
- Naysan Saran of CANN Forecast and Connie Stacey of Growing Greener Innovations were saluted in Foresight Canada’s #WomenLeadingCleantech campaign.
- AVA Technologies is looking to hire a grower in Vancouver.
- BetaKit reported on Gotcare‘s $1.2-million pre-seed funding round to address home care accessibility, noting that the all-equity round was led by SheEO and Red Thread Ventures and supported by the Telus Pollinator Fund.
- Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air joined the Fortis leadership series on Global News to share her path to leadership and determination to disrupt the airline industry.
- Brianne Miller of Nada received Canadian Grocer’s Generation Next Award, which recognizes rising stars in the grocery trade.
- Off the Path Provisions suggested some sustainable gift ideas for outdoorsy types.
- The Massachusetts Daily Collegian suggested SheNative Goods on a list of Indigenous clothing businesses to support.
- Sitti blogged about the Rehabilitation Centre Carpentry Workshop in Jerash Camp, where refugees with disabilities are paid to make wooden soap dishes.
- Women of Influence published a Q&A with Leigh Joseph of Sḵwálwen Botanicals, and included her wares in a socially conscious gift guide.
- Anu Bidani of STEM Minds spoke about artificial intelligence and the future of work at a panel discussion put on by the St. Lawrence College School of Business.
- The Discourse has been nominated for 11 Canadian Online Publishing Awards.
- AWWA suggested some ways to shop Indigenous this Christmas.
- Beany has partnered with FundTap to help small businesses recover from COVID-19 by giving them digital access to accounting professionals and funding.
- Chia Sisters won the Climate Action Leader award at the 2021 Sustainable Business Awards, while Businesses for Climate Action, co-founded by the Van Dyke sisters, won the Communicating for Impact award. Fellow Venture AWWA was a finalist in the Social Impactor category.
- Goodbye published a post on the most important thing in your sunscreen.
- Sandra Kwak of 10Power was named to the The Worthy 100, Worth’s list of entrepreneurs “working to make a serious impact both personally and through their businesses.”
- Adafruit highlighted Brown Toy Box for its efforts to introduce Black children to opportunities in STEAM.
- SaLisa Berrien of COI Energy spoke about using your passion to breed your purpose after winning the Tech Founder award at the Ada Lovelace Awards.
- Sonja Ebron of Courtroom5 shared what makes her grateful with WRAL TechWire. “Positive mindset makes purposeful progress,” she said.
- Kai XR was included in a sponsored post in The Sydney Morning Herald about ways that tech supports inclusivity and diversity.
- California Apparel News cited Novoloop and its XIRC material as part of the push towards sustainability in fashion.
- Refinery29 published a “power diary” from Dr. Sophia Yen of Pandia Health.