With 73 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what is happening, it can be hard to keep up to these changemakers! Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #sheeomagic to amplify.
- Croud praised Verve Super as a fintech company that instills trust through engaging content that portrays its values.
- In an interview with Impact Boom, Anne-Marie Walton of KidsWantU cited workRestart as a favourite social enterprise creating positive change.
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale has a new video on how it is activating the circular economy.
- Abeego founder Toni Desrosiers shared what it means to have her product recognized as the best reusable food wrap, as it was by Cook’s Illustrated and America’s Test Kitchen.
- Mashable favourably reviewed Aisle in a roundup of menstrual underwear.
- Alinker was cited as a noteworthy mobility tool in a Tech-enhanced Life piece on technology for older adults, and a review of the device was among Able Amsterdam’s favourite posts of 2020.
- Valerie Song of AVA Technologies is speaking at WCT Celebrates: Sparks of Change on March 17.
- Nada is putting on a webinar on package-free shopping on Jan. 22.
- Satya Organics was profiled by Shopify in a piece on what makes a great business idea, and was featured by Women’s Health in a piece on Indigenous-owned beauty brands, including a shout out to SheEO Activator Cheekbone Beauty.
- A B.C. fisher shared how Skipper Otto has been a godsend for her fishing family.
- The Discourse is planning a series on food and farming in the Cowichan Valley.
- Beauty expert Sam Arcadipane listed Think Dirty among her favourite apps on Women Love Tech. Halfway Hippie also recommended the app.The next Global Play Session for Twenty One Toys is on Jan. 26.
- Sue de Bievre of Beany, Kiri Nathan of Kiri Nathan, Chloe Van Dyke of Chia Sisters, Robyn McLean of The Hello Cup, and Activators Theresa Gattung and Ranjna Patel are among the business founders celebrated in Her Way by NZ Activator Jacqui Thomas.
- AWWA published a guest post from Shardae Grenfell on recognizing when you have period privilege.
- Packaging World wrote about the Better Packaging Co.‘s eco-friendly shipping materials for LOLI Beauty products.
- Beauty Independent talked to Robyn McLean of The Hello Cup about making the leap from direct-to-consumer to retail and the challenges indie brands face.
- Wokii, a Mexico-based site publishing positive environmental news, published a piece about BioCellection‘s ability to convert recycled plastic into raw materials for 3D printing and footwear manufacturing.
- EcoEnergy has been accepted into Invest2Innovate’s WeRaise cluster to work towards raising and closing its Series A round.
- Pandia Health suggested some New Year’s resolutions to be in control of your body.
- Maryland shone a spotlight on Sisu Global as one of its Future 20 companies developing life-saving solutions to medical challenges.
- Solstice is featured in MIT Sloan’s Sustainability Initiative annual report.
— Curated by Taproot Publishing