With 107 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #SheEOmagic to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- In an interview with Women Love Tech, author Pamela Ryan cited Sarah Gunn of GoGo Events among the women entrepreneurs who inspire her.
- Indigital has been accepted into the LawTech Hub, a joint venture between law firm Lander & Rogers and YBF Ventures to help lawyers and entrepreneurs build transformative legal technology.
- Indigital released a video on bringing Indigital Schools to Bruny Island. And it was credited as the starting point that led to Kalkie State School getting national recognition for a STEM project.
- Verve Super is among the signatories to a commitment to address the risks raised by facial recognition technologies.
- Verve Super will become the first Australian superannuation fund to direct its investments towards companies that perform well on gender equality measures.
- Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale is speaking about Australia’s circular economy ecosystem on June 18.
- Suzanne Siemens of Aisle spoke to Fast Company about the momentum towards destigmatizing menstruation.
- Gotcare and RainStick were among the finalists for Spring Activator’s 2021 National Impact Investor Challenge on June 17.
- SheNative Goods and Satya were recommended in Slice’s list of Indigenous-owned businesses to support.
- The latest in Abeego‘s Kindred Kitchen Series features Patrice Mousseau of Satya.
- Hannah Rimm sang the praises of Aisle‘s boxer briefs in a Refinery29 piece on queer joy and underwear.
- Alinker‘s Be Alink is presenting at YouTube’s Small Biz Day on June 24.
- UPS published a video with Nita Tandon of Dalcini Stainless as part of its showcase of women in business.
- Say Magazine profiled real-life superhero Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air.
- Magnusmode announced that M&T Bank is the first U.S. bank to be part of its MagnusCards app.
- Nada celebrated World Oceans Day with a look at how package-free can help oceans.
- REES Community‘s secure online platform for reporting sexual violence is now available in French, launching a Université de Saint Boniface.
- Aki Kaltenbach of Save da Sea Foods was spotlighted as a 10 to Watch 2021 Winner in Douglas Magazine.
- Sisters Sage is among the businesses in the permanent Indigenous collection within Shopify’s Shop app, a new mobile shopping assistant.
- Skipper Otto published a family fishing story about the joys and challenges of fishing for lingcod with a three-year-old onboard.
- STEM Minds won a Business Excellence Award from the Aurora Chamber of Commerce in the Pivot category.
- Saltwire spoke to Emily Bland of SucSeed about becoming Newfoundland and Labrador’s first B Corp.
- Erin Millar of The Discourse wrote about the lessons Indigraf learned during a year that saw it help 37 news outlets across North America grow their audience and revenue.
- Think Dirty compiled a list of icky ingredients to avoid and why.
- AWWA celebrated Global Wellness Day with some ideas for checking in on your own wellbeing.
- Rebecca Percasky of Better Packaging Co. continues to get media attention for her Cartier Women’s Initiative Award, including from the Singapore Tatler and Forbes.
- Good Magazine did a story on the massive pear rescue by Chia Sisters that led to 10,000+ bottles of juice from a hail-damaged crop at a New Zealand school’s orchard.
- Nisa shared an open letter from dispatcher Gioryanni sharing her story and calling for more access to family reunification visas.
- Clothes Doctor has teamed up with CHPT3 to launch a new washing product to extend the life of high-performance sportswear.
- Fat Macy’s was part of the success story of a trainee who has now moved on to Hotel School to learn hospitality skills.
- Jillian Kowalchuk of Safe & the City did an interview with Alpesh Patel on being a successful woman in tech, and spoke to SW Londoner about women’s sense of safety 100 days after the death of Sarah Everard.
- SaLisa Berrien of COI Energy spoke on a panel about electrification for all for GreenBiz Group.
- Sonja Ebron of Courtroom5 was named to the board of directors of NC IDEA, a foundation that helps entrepreneurs at all stages of business development.
- Greensulate‘s green roofs were mentioned in GB&D Magazine’s list of energy-efficient home ideas.
- Loliware turned up in a story about sustainable packaging innovations to watch for.
- Miranda Wang of Novoloop spoke about reusing plastic waste at THINC20 Tank 2021 | Creating Circular Economy Communities.
- Dr. Sophia Yen of Pandia Health spoke to Authority Magazine about why we need more women founders.
- Steph Speirs of Solstice spoke to Inc about why she no longer ignores racist and sexist comments.