With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #RadicalGenerosity to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Circonomy has launched a national Refurbishment & Response Squad that expands the existing collection and repair services of the social enterprise beyond furniture, technology, and office supplies to incorporate the broader retail industry.
- Circonomy’s Yas Grigaliunas spoke about the company’s new name and growing national scope following their expansion, as well as their efforts to adapt to the needs of its corporate clients across Australia.
- Super Fierce and Verve Super were highlighted in a Forbes piece on underperforming superannuations in 2022, and what, if anything, can be done about it.
- Indigiearth partnered with Sydney World Pride to be the official pop up cafe and caterer for the First Nations gathering space, marking this as the first time there will be a First Nations gathering space at a world pride event.
- Pleasant State was awarded the 2023 Telstra Best of Business Promoting Sustainability (Queensland) winner.
- AVA’s Byte system was featured in a piece on smart indoor garden systems, which has witnessed significant growth due to increase in spending on home remodeling.
- Teara Fraser’s new aviation tech startup Elibird Aero has ordered two electric eFlyer 2 aircraft from Bye Aerospace, as it prepares to launch Canada’s first all-electric, carbon-neutral flight training unit.
- The Tare Shop wrote a blog post on sustainable makeup, products made from renewable and natural ingredients, and how to check your products.
- Aisle was included in a list of PFAS-free period underwear options, to ensure your time of the month is safe and healthy.
- Ocean Legacy Foundation was featured by CityNews for their partnership with an Alberta-based company. Together, they are taking plastics recovered from the ocean and shoreline clean-ups and repurposing them into useable, everyday items, like furniture.
- Save da Sea was mentioned in a piece on the plant-based seafood industry, with the story adding that their products are stocked by major retailers such as Walmart, Loblaws and Whole Foods.
- The South Sydney Juniors rugby league is using NeuroFlex to monitor concussion data and create personal recovery plans, so that players can make a safe return to the field.
- Jodi Huettner of Helga Wear is trying to get law creators and rule-makers to recognize gender differences within policies regulating personal protective equipment standards in the workplace.
- StrongerU Senior Fitness has just announced a new partnership with the Therapeutic Recreation Assistant Program at Stenberg College!
- Sheena Russell of Made with Local joined the Pack Heavy Podcast to discuss the inspiration behind the company’s focus on sourcing local ingredients and social responsibility.
- Nisa was included in a list of “Cute underwear for everyone”.
- Robyn McLean of Hello Period wrote a piece for Stuff about the state of emergency in Hawke’s Bay following Cyclone Gabrielle.
- Florence Van Dyke of Chia Sisters will be the keynote speaker at this year’s World Avocado Congress to address the future of food, climate change, and where New Zealand can show leadership on the world stage.
- Supply Change has published their monthly list of events for impact-focused procurement teams & social enterprises.
- Fat Macy’s is hiring a Programme Lead to develop and implement programmes as they grow to work with more people living in temporary accommodation across London.
- City to Sea is calling for all UK supermarkets to remove plastic packaging from five top-selling fruit & veg products to fight the plastic problem, reduce food waste, and save money.
- Courtroom5 was included in a list of 19 best North Carolina legal tech companies and startups.
- Dr. Sophia Yen of Pandia Health spoke about changing birth control trends among teens following the reversal of Roe v Wade.
- Solstice is hiring a Business Development Manager to work directly with the Director of Business Development and support expansion efforts across a variety of solar industry stakeholders.
- Loliware has raised an additional $6M as part of their pre-Series A funding, bringing their total raise to $15.4M. Says founder Sea F. Briganti: “By reducing CO2 emissions and strengthening the ocean-based ‘blue economy,’ our seaweed-derived products make it clear that regenerating the Earth is good business.”
- Brown Toy Box and their work to diversify the toy industry was featured in a video by 12News. Founder Terri-Nichelle Bradley spoke in the video about her story and motivations behind starting the company.
- SaLisa Berrien of COI Energy was featured in Forbes for her efforts to center environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria in her company. ESG criteria are used to measure a company’s positive human impact in addition to the shareholder value they create.