With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #RadicalGenerosity to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Sharon Winsor of Indigiearth recently joined Seedlab Australia for Live in Conversation, sharing her story, the story of her business, and shared her advice and learnings with the community.
- Kyla Bolden of Wiz Kid Learning presented at Stanford University Graduate School of Business’s Building Momentum Conference.
- Stormflow Surfacing has been selected as one of 50 companies to be awarded an additional round of funding from The Accelerator Centre’s Venture Studio Program.
- Think Dirty was included in a list of “4 apps that will transform your skincare routine in 2023”.
- Sonia Strobel of Skipper Otto joined CBC’s Our Vancouver to share three different ways to prepare local spot prawns.
- Reena Lazar of Willow End-of-Life Education & Planning spoke to The Tyee about a joint workshop with Christa Overnell, and how the two are working to shift our approaches to end-of-life planning.
- Christal Earle of Brave Soles talked to Canadian Business about creating a better planet, one step at a time with her sustainable footwear brand.
- Author and wellness educator Chelsey Luger named Teywilh Toner from Skwalwen Botanicals as a beauty product she uses to the last drop.
- Kiri Nathan will design a dress for the first lady of Māoridom Dame Naida Glavish, who will be in attendance at the Coronation of King Charles III.
- NZ Herald included Kiri Nathan in a list of designers who should be included in the running for Air New Zealand’s new uniforms. The successful designer is to be announced later this year, and new designs rolled out in 2025.
- Joe Coffee Company in New York has teamed up with Better Packaging Co to create retail coffee mailers out of POLLAST!C, the latter’s proprietary material made out of ocean-bound plastic that has been “collected from coastal communities in Southeast Asia.”
- The Tellmi app, commissioned by NHS Somerset, is being suggested by the Somerset Youth Parliament to support students in secondary schools. “It would be amazing if all our secondary schools could help their students by promoting the Tellmi app.”
- Evening Standard reviewed Clothes Doctor laundry detergent to help your favourite clothes to last forever.
- Callisto was included in a survivor’s guide to reporting sexual assault at USC as an option for students not ready to report.
- Loliware has been selected by Engage – the largest strategic grouping of major corporations – as a member of this year’s Enterprise Go-To-Market Program. “Working with massive companies like these is a unique opportunity to bring seaweed materials into the mainstream,” said Loliware founder and CEO Sea F. Briganti.
- Solstice appeared on a sponsored segment on Daytime Chicago.
- Pandia Health published a blog post on the relationship between hormonal IUDs and acne, including possible causes and treatments.