With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #RadicalGenerosity to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Leanne Sanders of Visual Dreaming joins host Mundanara Bayles on The Black Magic Woman Podcast to discuss how Leanne sees technology and business as tools to create opportunities and shape a better future for our communities.
- Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics spoke to The Fifth Estate on the data of people movement and three big trends for our built environment.
- Pleasant State has launched expressions of interest to become a shareholder. For as little as $250, founders Ami Bateman and Sian Murray are giving folks the opportunity to invest in the company, so that “together we can build a people powered brand that’s doing things differently.”
- The Ocean Legacy Foundation was among the recipients of recently awarded grants, which came from public and private sources to organizations across North America.
- Folds was included in the list of CB Innovation Awards 2023 as “Best Fashion Innovator”, and tells the story of founder Nina Kharey’s about-face from luxurious womens wear during the pandemic to retrofitting her Calgary factory to produce masks for health-care workers.
- Anong Beam of Beam Paints was quoted in a CBC piece featuring a campaign to see an Indigenous woman on Canada’s next $20 bill. “It’s the agreed upon currency and to see ourselves reflected in that currency, I think, is the beginning of a more equitable future.”
- Cooks Who Feed has announced a collaboration with chef, television personality and author Amanda Freitag. For every Amanda Freitag “Food Is Love” apron sold, a $10 donation will be made to God’s Love We Deliver, a non-profit providing medically tailored meals to New Yorkers living with serious illnesses. This donation is in addition to the 100 meals already provided by Cooks Who Feed for every apron sold.
- Florence Van Dyke, sustainability lead at New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and co-founder of Chia Sisters, will be a featured speaker at New Zealand’s biggest leadership and innovation summit, Festival for the Future.
- Viva Premium subscribers can enter to win a $500 voucher from AWWA to spend online as part of their #embracethegrey campaign.
- A new report suggests that accessing support through the app, Tellmi, means young people are less likely to rely on NHS resources. Tellmi was associated with a cost-saving to the NHS of £528 per person, with cost savings around education; health, crime, and social services sectors. This is a potential NHS cost saving of £1 billion.
- Dr. Victoria Piunova, chief technology officer of LOLIWARE, will be giving a keynote address at the 2023 Rethinking Materials Innovation and Investment Summit – the premier international materials showcase.
- LOLIWARE also announced Jeff Wooster as a new member of their scientific advisory board and announced the launch of its newest seaweed resin, which will power the company’s first-ever Seaweed Utensil Set and be manufactured on standard plastics injection-molding equipment.
- Access Trax was recently announced as the winner of the MetroConnect export accelerator program and granted a $25,000 award for this accomplishment! Access Trax will use the grant to expand its presence in markets such as Canada and Australia.