With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #RadicalGenerosity to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Totem Design House was featured in a list of 35 Indigenous and Native-owned clothing brands to shop now and always by Good Housekeeping.
- Cooks Who Feed was featured by Yahoo for their mission to end hunger and the company’s efforts as part of a world-wide network with the goal of redirecting surplus food to those who need it.
- Coralus Ventures Nada Grocery and Skipper Otto were featured in a piece on “10 Sustainable Grocery Options in Vancouver”.
- Devon Fiddler of SheNative and Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air were highlighted in a feature on Indigenous women business owners from around the U.S. and Canada.
- Ay Lelum was featured in a piece covering Vancouver’s upcoming Indigenous Fashion Week, which noted that the brand will have stalls set up in a fully shoppable marketplace.
- Sitti Social Enterprise is raising $20,000 USD to create all-inclusive mental health and wellness programming + a retreat experience for refugee women in Jordan, starting with their team of refugee women artisans.
- Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air was featured in a piece on how Indigenous entrepreneurs are using drones and aerospace tech to decolonize the sky. “When I think about decolonizing, I think about how we are dismantling the systems that are no longer working”.
- Chef Pam Fanjoy is converting her old restaurant on Trafalgar Road in Hillsburgh into a fully accessible culinary studio and headquarters for a not-for-profit organization to reignite tourism to the region.
- Products from Ventures Satya Organic, Sisters Sage, and Coralus Activators Cheekbone Beauty and Yukon Soaps were featured in a list of 12 Stocking Stuffers from Indigenous Brands.
- Guardian Angel Safety has launched the Guardian Angel Portal to enable organisations to be more responsive to the changing safety needs of mobile workers working alone or remotely.
- Kiri Nathan’s co-designed Wear Kindness tees were featured in the Kirihimete gift guide 2022. All profits go towards the Christmas Joy Store, a “free” store where 10,000 kids get to choose Christmas presents off the shelf.
- Supply Change published a blog post highlighting the plenty of financial reasons to find and engage social and environmental suppliers.
- Supply Change has also shared a list of upcoming events for impact-focused procurement teams & social enterprises in December.
- City to Sea joined the group 38 Degrees in campaigning against Defra’s inaction on banning some of the most polluting single-use plastics one year after they launched their consultation.
- White Women, co-authored by Saira Rao of In This Together Media, has become an instant New York Times Bestseller, debuting on the list at #9 in their first week of publication.
- Terri-Nichelle Bradley of Brown Toy Box spoke with Oprah Daily about becoming a toy company founder, the mountaintop aha moment that helped get her there, and how being on Oprah’s Favorite Things is a full-circle moment.
- Solstice is hiring a Director of Sales to manage their growing sales organization.
- Novoloop is hiring a Senior Chemistry Technician to help their team increase productivity.